We are proud of the work we do and feel honored by the recognition from our peers. Chequeado as an organization and its team have been distinguished with various national and international awards for the quality of its investigations, the ethics of its members, the innovation of its productions and the impact of its work.
- Federal Contest of Scientific Journalism by the Agency I+D+i. Our article “One Health: The Importance of Monitoring the COVID-19 Virus in Animals” received the first prize in the “Print” category and was originally published on the Pulsar platform. The award was granted by the I+D+i Agency, with the support of RedIAP.
- Diente 2022 Award by the Argentine Creative Circle. For our institutional campaign “True or Cake?” carried out in collaboration with the BBDO agency, we received the bronze award in the ‘Promo & PR Activations – Public Service Campaign’ category.
- ‘Oscar R. Cardoso’ Award for Argentine journalistic work in international relations. Our article “40 years after the Malvinas War: 5 disinformations circulating during the war”, written by Lucía Gardel, was chosen as the best informative article related to the Malvinas. The award was granted by REDAPPE, the Ibero-American General Secretariat (SEGIB), and the National University of La Plata (UNLP).
- Eikon Awards 2022. In the “Press Relations” category. For the campaign we conducted with Sanofi to counter disinformation about COVID-19 through workshops for journalists and communicators throughout Latin America.
- Digital Journalism Innovation Award 2022. We received special mention for the work we do to battle disinformation through explanatory videos on digital platforms.
- LATAM Digital Media Awards by WAN-IFRA 2022. In the “Best Audience Engagement” category as a small or local media outlet, for Chequeado’s multichannel strategy to build its community.
- Diente Awards 2021 by the Argentine Creative Circle. For Reverso with the campaign “Mentira Font”: 2 silvers in the Design/Typography and Interactive Craft/Design categories, and 2 bronzes in the Digital Design and Interactive/Public Good Campaign categories.
- Effie Latam Awards. For Reverso: gold in the Low Budget (Products and Services) category and silver in the David versus Goliath category, both for the “Deeptruth” campaign.
- Effie Argentina Awards. For Reverso with the “Deeptruth” campaign: 2 bronzes in the Low Budget and Positive Impact – Non-profit Entities categories, and 2 silvers in the New Brand, Product or Service Launches and Media categories.
- +Digital Awards by IAB Now. For Reverso: gold in the Public Good (Public Good Actions) category and gold in the Public Good (Craft) category with “Deepfake”.
- Obrar Awards by the Argentine Advertising Council. For Reverso: gold in the Civil Society Organizations category with the “Deeptruth” campaign.
- Diente Awards by the Argentine Creative Circle. For the Museum of Disinformation. We won 3 silvers in the Digital Design, Interactive Craft/Interface, and Interactive Craft/Design categories; 2 bronzes in the Interactive Craft/User Experience/UX and Promo & PR Activations/Public Good Piece categories; and 1 gold in the Interactive/Public Good Piece category.
- Awwwards in 2020. For the Museum of Disinformation, with an Honorable Mention for the website’s creativity and a Mobile Excellence award for our mobile browsing experience.
- Diente Awards by the Argentine Creative Circle. For Reverso: gold in the Interactive Public Good Piece category, gold in the Public Good Piece on TV & other screens category, and silver in the Public Good Piece in Promo & PR Activations category.
- DirComs Award. For Reverso, as the project that added the most value to communication during 2019.
- FOPEA Award to Investigative Journalism. For the investigation “Who are the owners of the land in Argentina?”
- FOPEA Award to Investigative Journalism. For the investigation “Death and marginality behind the Cordoban bricks”.
- TruthBuzz Challenge. Second prize for animated GIFs.
- Perfil Award for National Freedom of Expression. This was the first time the award was granted to a journalistic team.
- Konex Award. Finalists in the Digital startups of the decade category.
- FOPEA Award to Investigative Journalism. For the investigation “Macri received $3 million from State contractors for his political campaign”.
- Aportes +Gestión +Impacto Award. Finalists for our management improvements to expand our reach and impact.
- LATAM Digital Media Awards by WAN-IFRA. Finalists in the category of Best Audience Loyalty Project.
- Gabriel García Márquez Award. Innovation Category. Awarded by the Gabriel García Márquez New Iberoamerican Journalism Foundation (FNPI) for expanding fact-checking in Latin America.
- Stephan Schimdheiney Award. Innovation for Sustainability. Second place in the Institutional Innovation category.
- Ibero-American Award for Civic Innovation. Selected by the Ibero-American General Secretariat (SEGIB) to develop and prototype the Chequeador verification network at the Ibero-American Civic Innovation Laboratory held in Veracruz, Mexico.
- University of Queensland Communication for Social Change Award 2014. Selected as finalists.
- HackLabs Challenge. Selected for DatoCHQ and the Chequeador tool.
- Gabriel García Márquez Journalism Award. Winners as finalists in the Innovation category. Awarded by the Gabriel García Márquez Foundation for New Ibero-American Journalism (FNPI).
- FRIDA 2013 Award. Innovation Category. Awarded by the Regional Fund for Digital Innovation in Latin America and the Caribbean of the Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (LACNIC) for our outstanding contributions to the development of the Information Society in Latin America and the Caribbean.